Friday, January 29, 2010

I'm Going Nuts! Azheimer's? Dementia? Husband? Help!

I'm back home for a couple of days, depending on the snow storm that is coming our way. Last week when I came home, I spent about $200 on groceries and household items for my husband from my account. I came home and cooked up 12 dinners and froze them for him. Because of his (my opinion) poor spending habits, I told him I was not going to put any money for groceries into his account. I would buy the groceries and see that he had what he needed. So that is what I did. In his personal spending account, he has enough for gasoline for the month plus about $150/month for other things he may need.

So when I left last Saturday, he had about $100 in his account for the week. On Monday, I checked our online banking to find that he only had $40 left. How had he spent $60 over the weekend? I called him. Well, $33 had been spent on t-shirts he had ordered that said, "Foxy News" with a picture of Sara Palin on them. That was extremely immature to me. Then I noticed that the very day I left, he spent almost $30 at the grocery store. I had just spent $200. What in the world did he need for $30 the very day I left. He told me he purchased hearing aid batteries. Okay, he needed hearing aid batteries. I get that. But $30 worth? He said he bought 2 boxes and each box cost $15. That did not sound right. I of course do the, "Are you sure?"  stuff. Of course he was sure. Each box cost $15.

So this weekend when I came home, I went to the same grocery store he went to and picked up a few things. I checked the hearing aid batteries. Were they really $15/box? Of course not. They were $8.99 a box, like I remembered. So I called him at work and asked him about it. He insisted he had only bought hearing aid batteries. I told  him they were not $15/box, they were only $8.99/box. I let him know that I was frustrated that I could never get an honest answer out of him. To that he could only reply,"Man, they overcharged me." I was getting frustrated again, "No, they did NOT overcharge you. You just either do not remember what you bought or you are purposely lying to me again." I'm quite sure the cookies sitting on the counter were purchased by him and not the housemates. I don't care if he buys a box of cookies. I do care that I cannot get an honest answer out of him, whether it is about the dog getting on the bed or what he bought at the grocery store.

It is really impossible to know what he can help and what he cannot help. What if the doctors come back with the stupid idea that he is normal? Well, this is not normal, but what is it? I'm feeling very frustrated right now and do not understand what is happening. He will be home soon. Gotta go.

Until later...
Emma James

4 comments:

  1. Hi Emma, I totally understand & get what you are frustrated about! We have a lot in common as my husband is the same as yours & has early onset AD. He drives me NUTS as he cannot recall alot of things that he had just done or was told to do, etc... I am glad that your hubby can still work, as mine was an exec. VP for a Co. & was malfunctioning due to his disease, which took forever to diagnois. Did you get your husband tested for his memory probs? It's been 3 long yrs. since he has not been working & we have young children, college freshman aged & such.... Life is tough, living w/someone who isn't going to get better. I have to remember to take deep breaths... & realize that a person who has dementia cannot control what he or she lacks. It's sad but true, hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. For those people who's relative are Alzheimer’s Disease sufferer and maybe reading this, I find it hard that people are still ignorant of herbal medicine when it comes to treating Alzheimer’s Disease.
    I have been through many phases over the last couple of years since my father's diagnosis, he was 53 years old and had Early Onset Alzheimer’s Disease and his diagnosis changed my life in many ways, I spend most of the time in denial and I keep thinking the tests were wrong. But deep down I knew they were correct. Though sharing his story is very difficult. He was always very successful in being able to accomplish anything he set his mind on doing. Alzheimer’s is a bitch of a disease. It began by robbing his recent memory, but it didn't stop there. It continues to steal, taking the most recent memories until it has pilfered all but the oldest memories, he experienced a decline in his ability to think, remember and make decisions. I feel a need to express my thoughts and feelings about how it affected his day to day living and how its deteriorated since despite the help of some wonderful medics and medicine.
    I remind myself how lucky to come across Charanjit rychtova's herbal medicine which is able to control this disease without any side effect, I felt a moment of relief hoping that he is free from this ailment, and nothing compares to the healing power of nature. Now I believe almost every health problem can be addressed in one natural way or another. The only thing I wanted was for him to feel better. I’m proud to say my Dad is Alzheimer’s free. You can also contact him for more info. charantova@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Having Dementia disease knocked my grandma off her life and had her living like a mad person, I did know how the better part of her life eluded her, my mind was completely splatted in two, She showed a severe decline in her mental and cognitive skills in the last few years of her life and her quality of life had deteriorated greatly in the last 3 years of life where she was mostly bedridden. I am very glad my partner sought help and now she is free from all signs of psychosis. She was healed through the herbal medicines from Dr Charanjit, I do not wish to go the same route and I manage to live a fairly active and healthy lifestyle.
    Here are her words "Finally, can you imagine what it would feel like to be NORMAL again, like I were before I was struck down by this horrible condition that you never asked for, and don’t deserve?" Sounds great doesn't it?
    You can contact him via email charantova@gmail.com He is well known for his groundbreaking treatments concerning the brain and mind issues.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i am ERIC BRUNT by name. Greetings to every one that is reading this testimony. I have been rejected by my wife after three(3) years of marriage just because another Man had a spell on her and she left me and the kid to suffer. one day when i was reading through the web, i saw a post on how this spell caster on this address AKHERETEMPLE@gmail.com have help a woman to get back her husband and i gave him a reply to his address and he told me that a man had a spell on my wife and he told me that he will help me and after 3 days that i will have my wife back. i believed him and today i am glad to let you all know that this spell caster have the power to bring lovers back. because i am now happy with my wife. Thanks for helping me Dr Akhere contact him on email: AKHERETEMPLE@gmail.com
    or
    call/whatsapp:+2349057261346










    i am ERIC BRUNT by name. Greetings to every one that is reading this testimony. I have been rejected by my wife after three(3) years of marriage just because another Man had a spell on her and she left me and the kid to suffer. one day when i was reading through the web, i saw a post on how this spell caster on this address AKHERETEMPLE@gmail.com have help a woman to get back her husband and i gave him a reply to his address and he told me that a man had a spell on my wife and he told me that he will help me and after 3 days that i will have my wife back. i believed him and today i am glad to let you all know that this spell caster have the power to bring lovers back. because i am now happy with my wife. Thanks for helping me Dr Akhere contact him on email: AKHERETEMPLE@gmail.com
    or
    call/whatsapp:+2349057261346




    ReplyDelete