Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Taking Care of Myself

I hear this so much, "You've got to take care of yourself." "HOW?" I ask. Well since I already know that 2010 will bring many challenges to me, I need to better prepare myself. Last year was very difficult. The grandchildren we were raising went back to their mother because of all the problems we were having. I was heart broken. I still have nightmares and worry about the children as well. So for most of 2009, I cried about the children and worried and was frustrated with my husband.

I did not take care of myself. By November 2009, I had lost so much weight, I was technically underweight. My skin looked grey and I only ate if someone fixed the food and put it in front of me. Things were not well for me. So in November I came to live with one of my daughters for a while. She is married and has two young children. It is amazing the improvement I have made in just 6 weeks. I have put on 10 pounds, and my color is back.

I do take anti-anxiety meds but am working on some positive things to do. I do continue to function at my work (I am self-employed). I am joining a dance class to learn Scottish Country Dancing. I am excited about that. I love to dance and actually have the energy finally to even want to try. I am also looking for a support group to join for people who's spouses have dementia. Plus, I plan on writing what is going on. Whether it is positive or negative, I am going to keep a record.

Let's see how 2010 goes for me, hopefully better than 2009.

Emma James
Husband with demenita, probably Early Onset Alzheimer's

1 comment:

  1. i am ERIC BRUNT by name. Greetings to every one that is reading this testimony. I have been rejected by my wife after three(3) years of marriage just because another Man had a spell on her and she left me and the kid to suffer. one day when i was reading through the web, i saw a post on how this spell caster on this address AKHERETEMPLE@gmail.com have help a woman to get back her husband and i gave him a reply to his address and he told me that a man had a spell on my wife and he told me that he will help me and after 3 days that i will have my wife back. i believed him and today i am glad to let you all know that this spell caster have the power to bring lovers back. because i am now happy with my wife. Thanks for helping me Dr Akhere contact him on email: AKHERETEMPLE@gmail.com
    or
    call/whatsapp:+2349057261346










    i am ERIC BRUNT by name. Greetings to every one that is reading this testimony. I have been rejected by my wife after three(3) years of marriage just because another Man had a spell on her and she left me and the kid to suffer. one day when i was reading through the web, i saw a post on how this spell caster on this address AKHERETEMPLE@gmail.com have help a woman to get back her husband and i gave him a reply to his address and he told me that a man had a spell on my wife and he told me that he will help me and after 3 days that i will have my wife back. i believed him and today i am glad to let you all know that this spell caster have the power to bring lovers back. because i am now happy with my wife. Thanks for helping me Dr Akhere contact him on email: AKHERETEMPLE@gmail.com
    or
    call/whatsapp:+2349057261346




    ReplyDelete